- Put the flour in a bowl and add a splash of olive oil.
- Dissolve the beer yeast in warm water with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Pour the water with the beer yeast on the flour and mix gently. Add a teaspoon of salt and knead until the dough feels homogeneous and smooth.
- Peel the onions and cut them into stripes. Grate the cheese and finely dice the pancetta. Now put the onions in a pot and cook them for a few minutes. When the water boils, turn off the fire and strain.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead a few minutes. Then stretch the dough into a wrapped in foil baking tray. Now add the cheese and the pancetta; add the onions and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the dough in the oven turned off. Let it rest for 30 minutes. Now turn on the oven and cook focaccia at 400ºF for around 30 minutes. Once the dough has risen turn on the oven and cook the focaccia at 350ºF for approximately 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
And that is all. If you, however, first want to see how this delicious meal is made, you can find it on YouTube. Some of their most viewed videos on food preparation are available to all of us, thanks to the companies such as The Marketing Heaven.