For the polenta:
- Bring the skimmed milk to boil with 2 cups of cold water. Then, add the polenta sprinkle it slowly in the pot and stirring.
- Then add the butter, the herbs, salt and black pepper to taste. Keep stirring until you can see clearly the pot bottom.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and pour all the mixture into a rectangular bowl with butter of 8 x 12 inches aprox. Let it cold in the fridge for and hour at least, or until sets.
For the sticks:
- Pre-heat the oven at 572ºF or the highest temperature available. This is key for making the sticks.
- Meanwhile, take the polenta out of the fridge and out of the mold.
- With a knife cut stripes, for making the sticks. If the dough sticks in the knife, clean the knife after every cut with greaseproof paper.
- Now cover the oven dish with foil and place the sticks on it. Then, brush them on top with olive oil and sprinkle with dry orgeano or dill. Now put the sticks in the oven.
- Cook the for about 20 minutes or until they brown. In the middle of that time (10 minutes) we recommend to flip the sticks, so they cook in both sides.
- Put the sticks out of the oven and serve immediately with ketchup.